In this Savage Snow episode…
- Japanese Kyudo Archery at the Kyoto Budo Center
- Kendo (bamboo sword fighting sport)
- Short, fun & informative conversation over dinner with my Japanese house mates.
In episode 3 of the Savage Snow podcast, we start off with a walk around the Nijo Castle area before setting off for a nighttime visit to the Kyoto Budo Center. Located just around the corner from the Heian Jingu shrine, the Kyoto Budo Center is a martial arts training facility owned by the city of Kyoto. It is also the site of Butokuden, the oldest martial arts training hall in Japan. This episode wraps up with a dinner conversation at the restaurant 309 The Canteen on Sanjo Dori.
Living in Japan – Photo Essays connected to this episode
- Photo #12 – Japanese Kyudo Archery, Kyoto Budo Center
- Photo #13 – Kyudo Makiwara Straw Target Practice
- Photo #14 – Kyudo Practitioner Kneeling at Kyoto Archery Range
- Photo #15 – Kyudo Archer Releases Arrow at Kyoto Budo Center
- Photo #16 – Kyudo Archery Students at Kyoto Budo Center
- Photo #17 – Students Cleaning & Closing Kyoto Kyudo Dojo
- Photo #18 – Kyoto, Japan, after the Typhoon
You may listen to this episode using the media player below.
Subscribe here for free automatic delivery via iTunes of all
Savage Snow Podcast episodes, including the Japan episodes.
Program Length: 00:29:30